Thursday, July 4, 2013

Restless + Recipe

Bugs has started sleeping in bed with me, now that she has (mostly) grown out of random chewing and other puppy behaviors.

Last night was a crazy night, though. She was restless all night and then I felt her get off the bed, so I got up to see what she was doing. She had one of the kids' stuffed animals and was trying to bring it in bed with us! I don't know if that's because she's becoming an adult and her "mothering" instincts are kicking it, or because she really loves to kill toys! Regardless, I took it away, because even if the kids didn't love it, I don't want her to chew things up; the danger of ingesting something is too great.

She woke up again and I felt her stand up on the bed but not get down. I had fallen asleep with the tv on and Bugs was standing there growling at a commercial for a cat toy! I changed the channel and she laid down but kept watching tv. She's never really paid attention to the television before - not sure why she chose last night to start watching it.

We did some fireworks before bed last night, and she was in the house but didn't seem to be bothered by the sounds. It must have worked her up more than I thought because she just couldn't settle down for bed. Thankfully we live so far out in the middle of nowhere that she won't have to deal with anymore of that from the neighbors or anything.

PS:
A member on Doberman Talk shared a recipe for a treat, and Bugs LOVES it, so I thought I would share my version: Dilute beef broth with water and put it in a margarine tub, about half full. Then add chopped cooked meat, veggies, etc and freeze it. It comes out like a hockey puck and takes Bugs quite a while to get through it. It's definitely an outside treat, but it's nice for these hot July days.

Bugs also loves strawberries so I plan on making her a dog food and strawberry birthday cake next weekend for her. Can't believe my big girl is turning a year old already! The last six months have flown by and she's turning into an awesome dog.

I decided her AKC name will be Geruch Mogen Jugendlich Geist, which means "Smells Like Teen Spirit" in German. She's out of Serbian lines, but the Serbian language uses a different alphabet than English so it doesn't translate well.

No comments:

Post a Comment